WNSP offers customized advertising plans specifically designed for your type of business.
- On location remote broadcasts
- Spot Packages
- Internet Advertising Available
- Value added features
- Product Endorsements are Available
- Register to Win Contests
We can help you create, write, and produce commercials that promote your business free of charge.
WNSP SALES TEAM
DID YOU KNOW?
10 REASONS TO ADVERTISE ON WNSP SPORTS RADIO
1) With advertising you reach new customers.
The market changes constantly. New families moving into the area mean new potential customers for you, or for your competition. Customer’s income levels are constantly changing, which means changes in lifestyles, needs and buying habits.
2) By advertising continuously you retain customers. Shoppers don’t have the same store loyalty they once had. Automobiles give shoppers mobility and freedom. The National Retail Merchants Association says “mobility and non-loyalty are rampant. Stores must promote to get former customers to return and to attract new ones.”
3) Advertising influences shoppers throughout the buying cycle. People often go from store to store comparing prices, quality and service. Advertising must reach them consistently through the entire decision-making process. For example, the average new car purchase is a 13-week cycle. Your name must be fresh in their ears and minds when they ultimately decide to buy.
4) Advertise, because it pays off over a long period. Your advertising today is selling customers whose buying decision may be weeks away. Advertising gives you a long-term advantage over competitors who cut back or cancel advertising. A 5-year study of more than 3,000 companies found that advertisers who maintained or expanded advertising over the five years saw their sales increase an average of 100%.
5) Advertising generates more store traffic. Continuous store traffic is the first step toward sales increases and expanding your base of shoppers. For every 100 items shoppers plan to buy, they make at least 30 unanticipated “in-store” purchases.
6) Advertise to make more sales. Advertising works! Businesses that succeed are almost always strong, steady advertisers. Look around – you’ll find the most aggressive and consistent advertisers are almost always the most successful.
7) Advertise because there is always business to generate. As long as you’re open for business, you’re got overhead to meet and new people to reach. Advertising will generate customers now, and in the future. Your doors are open. Even the slowest days produce some sales.
8) Advertising helps keep a healthy positive image. In today’s competitive marketplace, rumors and bad news travel fast. Advertising corrects misleading gossip and punctures “overstated” bad news. Advertising that is vigorous and positive can bring shoppers into your store regardless of the economy.
9) Advertise to maintain store and associate morale. When advertising and promotion budgets are suddenly cut or cancelled, salespeople may become alarmed or demoralized. Positive advertising boots morale. It gives your staff strong, positive, motivational support.
10) Advertise because your competition is advertising. There are only so many consumers in the market ready to buy at one time. You must advertise to keep your share of customers or you will lose them to the more aggressive competitors.
According to the National Association of Broadcasters, there have never been more sports radio stations than there are now, proving that sports radio is one of the most popular formats among radio stations.
The number of sports talk radio stations in the United States has grown by 64 % since 2002. In 2002 there were 413 sports talk radio stations, in 2011 that number has grown to 677, and continues to grow substantially each year and shows no trends of slowing down according to Inside Radio.
While other radio formats tend to be national and more competitive with satellite radio, it’s much more difficult for a sports fan to get a daily fix for their local teams other than sports talk- Local still matters!
Why are more and more people launching sports radio stations these days? Mainly because it reaches a desired demographic of men, and it’s live format makes sports talk radio a safer buy than music formats that have been hurt by streaming apps like Pandora, and personal devices like ipods.
87.6 % Men ages 25-54.
74.6 % are employed full-time, and bring in a household income of $50,000 – $75,000 -$100,000+ annually.
Our audience is educated, with an even mix of white and blue collar workers of which 82.7 % own their own home, and have children.
Nearly twenty-five percent of our listeners are African-American Men aged 18+ bringing a strong sports-related tie-in, generating big interest to minorities.
Women are a growing demographic for WNSP. Internal research has shown us many more women like our live-local formats and enjoy the interactive nature of Sports Radio WNSP.